Competition:Closed when it comes to 2020-2021 year that is academic
Whom is applicable: Canadian organizations
NOTE : Only institutions that are canadian submit applications with respect to prospects. They could elect to set their particular internal deadline to receive documentation that is supporting.
Description: The appearing Leaders into the Americas Program (ELAP) scholarships offer students from Latin America while the Caribbean with short-term trade possibilities for study or research, in Canada, in the college, undergraduate and graduate amounts.
- Value and length
- Key times
The Emerging Leaders in the Americas Program (ELAP) scholarships are facilitated through institutional collaborations and pupil change agreements between Canadian and Latin American or Caribbean organizations. These agreements are made between colleges, technical or institutions that are vocational universities. Pupils, hereby known as “candidates”, should be registered as full-time pupils inside their house organization during the time of application and throughout the whole period of the research or research remain in Canada.
Canadian institutions that are post-secondary
Canadian organizations are:
- accountable for publishing applications with respect to qualified prospects from organizations in Latin America while the Caribbean; and
- Encouraged to promote this scholarship opportunity to staff and faculty users, along with to partner organizations in Latin America while the Caribbean.
Canadian organizations with effective prospects:
- should determine a solitary individual accountable for the management associated with share contract and someone else with delegated signing authority; and
- will get share capital from worldwide Affairs Canada to disburse as scholarships to recipients.
Applicants thinking about this scholarship system should contact their house organization to:
- make their attention understood;
- find out if there was a current institutional collaboration or trade contract with a Canadian organization; and
- demand information regarding the program procedure and selection criteria certain towards the institution that is canadian offer any extra information, such as for instance transcripts, language test outcomes, a study task and an enrollment kind for the trade system.
Chosen prospects ought to:
- make sure that they match the needs of this institution that is canadian scholastic needs and language proficiency;
- submit their visa application as soon as possible and stick to the procedures of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada as reported by the institution that is canadiangenerally a research license is needed for program work and a work license is needed for research);
- initiate the process for the transfer of credits for their house organization just as his or her Canadian courses have actually been identified; and
- contact alumni regarding the system through their property organization for advice and a perspective that is local the scholarship experience.
NOTE: Students are required to come back to accomplish their studies at their property organizations upon conclusion of this scholarship duration.
Non-Canadian organizations ought to:
- keep in touch with partner organizations in Canada to verify or explore collaborations that are institutional pupil change agreements;
- market this scholarship possibility through their offices that are international
- determine strong scholastic prospects whom meet up with the admission needs when it comes to Canadian partner organization;
- give you the applicants’ papers into the Canadian partner organization, that will be accountable for publishing the scholarship applications; and
- propose to selected candidates to achieve extra training that is linguistic educational upgrading and social preparedness before their departure.
Scholarship duration and value
Funding for ELAP scholarships is manufactured available by worldwide Affairs Canada through its appropriate title: the Department of Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development (DFATD).
The Canadian organization will receive money from DFATD for several effective prospects in the shape of a share contract and will also be in charge of supplying the funds to scholarship recipients.
The scholarship value differs according to the level and duration of research. The scholarship value for pupils is:
- CAD 7,200 for university, undergraduate or graduate pupils (Master’s and PhD) for at the least four months or one educational term of research or research; or
- CAD 9,700 for graduate pupils (Master’s and PhD) for a time period of five to 6 months of research or research.
The canadian host institution may also claim CAD 500 per scholarship recipient to assist with administrative costs once the scholarship recipient arrives in Canada in addition to the funds allocated to the recipients by DFATD.
Canadian organizations will disburse scholarship funds towards the scholarship receiver to donate to the after costs:
- visa and/or study/work license charges;
- airfare, for the scholarship recipient just, to Canada by the many direct and route that is economical return airfare upon conclusion of this scholarship;
- medical health insurance;
- cost of living, such as for instance accommodation, resources and meals;
- ground public transportation, including a transportation that is public; and
- publications and materials necessary for the recipientвЂ™s research or research, excluding computer systems as well as other gear.
Susceptible to the conditions and terms associated with the Contribution Agreement, capital should be disbursed by a cheque granted to your institution that is canadian getting the next papers:
- the Contribution Agreement finalized by both the designated authority during the institution that is canadian the designated authority at DFATD; and
- a cashflow Statement submitted by the institution that is canadian coincide using the arrival regarding the scholarship recipients to Canada.